If you’ve got drive, determination, and a passion to work and engage with people then Affordable Electric is the place for you. In business since 1995, we believe that our teams’ ability to work well with each other is key to a successful business. Click on the jobs below to learn more!
Want to put a SPARK back into your career?
As a Journeyman/Master Electrician, you will be a key member of our team responsible for formulating bids, providing estimates, managing subcontractors and vendor relationships, and overseeing jobs, big and small, from start to finish. While the electrical field encompasses many different facets, we specialize in residential service and repair. 90% of our work is residential, while only about 10% is commercial.
- Affordable Electric is looking for Licensed Minnesota Journeyman or Master Electrician (required) to provide an outstanding electrical residential service experience to our clients. This position handles service calls to customers in their homes and utilizes customer service training to educate and assist customers in choosing service, products and finance options. Must know local electrical codes and be able to apply them in a practical manner on each job. Must be able to work with inspectors, suppliers and co-worker technicians to ensure correct project work, while abiding by all codes.
- We want someone who takes pride in their work, who is an outstanding communicator with customers. Professionals who show the same pride in their appearance as they do in their work and simply needs a place to refine his/her craft is exactly the person that we’re looking for.
- If you want to be part of something bigger than just a job – make this career move and find exactly what you’re looking for. You will work in a place where you will be appreciated by your team and customers, and where your work has a direct effect on the success of the company. If this sounds like you, spend a little time learning about Affordable Electric by visiting www.affordable-electric.com. When you’re ready, please apply online at https://affordable-electric.com/careers/.
- …are 100% honest with the utmost integrity
- …think outside the box; providing multiple options of innovative, lasting solutions to everyday problems
- …communicate technical explanations to non-technical clients of all walks of life
- …are team players willing to work well with others to achieve company goals
The Journeyman Electrician is responsible for:
- Installation/troubleshooting/repair of electrical systems in the residential and commercial marketplace
- Performing all tasks with strict adherence to safety policies and procedures and according to National Electrical Code Requirements
- Reviews specifications from drawings/blueprints, plans the installation or repair, determines layout, constructs the deliverable, and tests to ensure system integrity
- Demonstrate and uphold Affordable Electric’s core values, which include integrity, accountability, teamwork, innovation and growth
- Addressing the customer’s Electrical concerns
- Thoroughly checking the entire Electrical system for the customer
- Listening to the customer and providing suggestions and feedback to improve their existing system
- Completing all necessary repairs, paperwork/data entry
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following Qualifications:
- Minnesota Journeyman or Master Electrician license – REQUIRED
- Ability to be self-motivated and work independently or with a team
- A willingness to accept accountability for high quality service levels and client satisfaction
- Applicant must have excellent communication and etiquette with customers
- Must own a professional-grade set of tools/belt along with knowledge of all tools, equipment and materials used to perform services on electrical systems
- Experience with, (but not limited to) receptacles and switches, all conventional wiring methods, conduit bending, electrical panel and service upgrades (overhead and underground), circuit breakers (including AFCI and GFCI), etc.
- Ability to complete projects in a timely and efficient manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC), local codes and construction safety requirements
- Ongoing technical training will be required from time to time out side of the office and after normal business hours
- High School Diploma/GED
- A clean/valid driver’s license and no DUI convictions or license suspensions within 3 years
- Able to pass a drug test and a background check
- Competitive Hourly wage + commission
- Medical & Dental insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Bonus Plan
- Retirement Plan with company match
- Paid holidays and vacations
- Electrical/Electrician tuition reimbursement, paid training & on-going training to help you SUCCEED
- Fully stocked trucks, uniforms and field support
- Year-round work
- Employee appreciation events
- Excellent earnings potential!
Equal Opportunity Employer
If you’ve got drive, determination, and a passion to work and engage with people then Affordable Electric is the place for you. In business since 1995, we believe that our teams’ ability to work well with each other is key to a successful business. Look below to see if you are ready to join our team.
We’re looking for a Customer Service Specialist with previous call center experience to help grow our team. This is a part-time position with the potential to grow into a full- time position.
As a Customer Service Specialist, you will work to assist company growth. You will book service appointments and do what it takes to promote customer satisfaction with a smile.
- Convert incoming customer calls into booked service appointments.
- Deliver call scripts; being clear, compelling and personable.
- Respond to customer requests, resolving any issues.
- Establish customer rapport, encouraging repeat business.
- Adhere to the company’s policies for resolving customer complaints.
- Maintain and update customer database with complete and accurate information.
- Willing to go the extra mile to ensure positive outcome.
- Eager to learn and become proficient with other office tasks.
- Supports office team and electricians as needed.
- Misc. tasks as directed.
- Work rotating weekend and evening schedules.
- Previous call center experience is a must.
- Adaptability to face pace changes on daily basis.
- Exceptional phone personality.
- Enjoys assisting other people, over the phone and in person.
- Detail minded and oriented.
- Organized with exceptional follow-through.
- Strong verbal and written communications.
- Strong grammar and spelling ability.
- Ability to build trust and demonstrate empathy.
- IT competent; good typist and proficient with phone systems.
- Excited about Affordable Electric and loves the brand.
- Engaging personality that blends well with a fast-paced environment.
- Competitive individual who also loves to win as a team.
- Highly motivated, and flexible.
- Have a reliable form of transportation to get to work.
- Part Time Flex – hours will vary (not eligible for medical, dental and 401k)
- In House Position (not remote or telecommute)
- Office Hours 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Evening and weekend flexibility required
Benefits include, but are not limited to PTO, medical and dental insurance, (Simple Plan with employer match)
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.